Be sure to keep these items on hand in the rabbitry…just in case you need them.
1. Marshmallow Creme. Spread on cage door to distract a chronic cage chewer. Temporary fix.
2. Surveillance Camera in the Barn. Useful when you forget where you last put the toenail trimmers.
3. Extra storage card. For when it feels you just HAVE to take more video of those sweet little babies…even if you never end up watching it.
4. Standard of Perfection. Um. Uhh….. Everybody else has one!
5. Super duty triple-action Fort Knox quality combination lock and chain. To wrap around the cage once you realize that you have your first keeper in nine litters.
6. Metal saw. For when you forget the combination to aforementioned lock.
7. A dish of mints on a table. Bunnies have no more excuse for bad breath.
8. Brick wall. To forcefully apply one’s head against when you realize you just bought a rabbit with buck teeth.
9. Amazing odor neutralizer: turns bunny smells into the scent of daffodils. Sorry, product no longer available due to manufacturer facing charges of false advertising.
10. Wire snips. For when a kit gets its head stuck in the wire and you have to cut it out. (This one is serious — it has happened to me!)
11. Air conditioning. For when you have an older junior growing hotter by the day.
12. Bottle of Bubbles. For when a bunny’s sneezing, a doe is nesting on the wire, and you just want to go out and pretend you’re seven years old again to relax.